Computer Security Incident Response Team of the National bank of Ukraine (CSIRT-NBU) was established in 2018 and operates as part of the NBU's Cyber Defense Center.
CSIRT-NBU performs its functions in compliance with the national cybersecurity strategy and is a sectoral CSIRT for the banking and financial sectors of Ukraine.
In its activity the CSIRT-NBU is guided by the principles of mutually beneficial cooperation in the banking and financial sectors of Ukraine.
Strengthening cyber security of the Ukraine’s banking and financial sectors.
- Responding to cyber incidents in the Ukraine’s banking and financial sectors.
- Preventing cyber incidents and mitigating risks by enhancing cybersecurity awareness of the Ukraine’s banking and financial sectors.
- Monitoring the cybersecurity conditions in the Ukraine’s banking and financial sectors.
- Cooperating with national and international cybersecurity organizations.
- Monitoring, detecting, and responding to cyber incidents, collecting, accumulating, and analyzing detected cyber incidents in the banking system of Ukraine.
- Examining contemporary cyber threats and malicious software samples, defining cyber threat indicators, and developing recommendations on countermeasures.
- Issuing real-time alerts and notifying on attempted cyber attacks, and sharing the information on cybersecurity indicators.
- Advising banks on ensuring cybersecurity, detecting cyber incidents, responding to and counteracting current cyber threats, and remediating cyber incidents.
- Administrating and supporting the MISP-NBU system.
- Developing cybersecurity standards.
- Cooperating and sharing information with international organizations, and credible external sources of information on cyber incidents response.